I LOVE being an entrepreneur, always have.
My daughter Isabella asked me how I knew I was an entrepreneur today though, and it made me think. I told her you just know it in your gut… kinda like being in love.
That seemed to satisfy her, and then I got to thinking, how do you know if you’re an entrepreneur?
So here’s my handy checklist!
1. You think that sleeping is a waste of time and you’re researching how to sleep hack so you can be more productive
2. When you speak to clients it’s usually over skype and you only wear nice clothes from the waist up
3. If you book meeting times with your family through Facebook or your iCal
4. You have considered selling stuff you own to fund your business idea (is there a black market for a slightly used kidney?)
5. Your idea of flirting is to spend your time looking for new members of your team or courting possible investors
6. You consider taking a holiday with lots of other entrepreneurs so that you can hang out with “your sort of people and get some work done too”
7. Your favorite show on TV is Dragons Den or Shark Tank
8. You’d rather learn on the job than go to business school, because getting an MBA takes WAAAY too long and you can always employ those people down the track
9. The thought of working for someone else in a 9 – 5 job fills you with a mortal fear of loss of freedom
10. A meal out with friends will usually turn into a strategy session where you’ll fill up 10 napkins with your latest strategy
So how’d you do? If you’re an entrepreneur then we should be friends! Make sure you join my subscriber list below so we can stay in touch 🙂
(a kindred spirit)